Dear ACITA Members
We are holding a special Town Hall event for all ACITA members sponsored by HMRC, to update, engage ask questions and better understand how CDS will impact your business
Moving to the Customs Declaration Service
HM Revenue and Customs recently announced that the Customs Declaration Service (CDS) will replace the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system from 31st March 2023. Services on CHIEF will be withdrawn in two stages:
- After 30 September 2022, the ability to make import declarations on CHIEF will end and you must move all your import declarations to CDS.
- After 31 March 2023, the ability to make export declarations on CHIEF and the National Export System (NES) will end and you must move all your export declarations to CDS.
If you haven’t already, now is the time to start preparing for how and when you will move across to CDS.
To help you and your business prepare for this change, HMRC is working with ACITA and would like to invite you to an overview session. The session will cover:
- The phased withdrawal of CHIEF
- Key steps you need to take to get ready as somebody that makes declarations
- Key steps you need to take to get ready as somebody that uses a customs broker to make declarations on your behalf
- Additional support available from HMRC
There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the session, and answers will be provided following the event.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
User acceptance statement: You will use Microsoft Teams in accordance with the HMRC Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and the Audio & Video Recording Policy. For further information, please follow the Help link.