This webinar explains your responsibilities as a trader if you choose to use an intermediary to complete import or export declarations for your business. These are complex and an intermediary can save you a lot of time.
Please register to take part if you’re planning to import or export.
You can also:
- watch our videos on HMRC’s YouTube channel to familiarise yourself with the new customs processes and what you need to do before you trade goods with the EU
- use the trader checklist to make sure you’re familiar with the new rules that affect you
- use our updated guides to understand the new customs and VAT requirements when moving goods between the UK and EU countries
- sign-up to the Trader Support Service if your client’s business is moving goods between GB and Northern Ireland and use their suite of educational products – including online training modules and webinars for support with the Northern Ireland Protocol
- ask and get answers to specific questions about HMRC processes for importing or exporting, by visiting our customer forums
- watch webinars and videos from other government departments to support you
- you can also sign up for our weekly email updates on ‘News and information about importing and exporting with the EU‘, providing hints and tips for businesses like yours, getting used to the new rules for importing and exporting.
Call our Customs & International Trade helpline on 0300 322 9434, for more help with importing, exporting or customs reliefs. The helpline is open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday and from 8 am to 4 pm at weekends. You can also send us your questions or webchat.
Protect yourself from scams
Stay vigilant about scams, which may mimic government messages as a way of appearing authentic. Search ‘scams’ on GOV.UK for information on how to recognise genuine HMRC contact. You can also forward suspicious emails claiming to be from HMRC to firstname.lastname@example.org and texts to 60599.